I haven’t been blogging for a while at first I was making a “career” in the coffee industry. In the beginning, I was really passionate about my new job and I enjoyed being appreciated and promoted but after a while, there was that voice at the back of my head telling me that this wasn’t what I wanted. When the voice became louder and I was overwhelmed with stress, I decided to quit. The stress triggered several health issues which happened to be an old Lyme disease. I needed time to recover and find the balance again in my life. All these things encourage reflection about what’s important and how I want to live my life.
I believe that everything happens for a reason. I have been working hard to save on a mortgage deposit but when I decided to let go and find another way to have my home I got a decision from the Local Authority that they will rent us a home. We got a beautiful tiny home in the countryside with a spacious garden. Everything is new and fresh, it is warm and sustainable… I couldn’t be happier. The rent is not killing us so I can spend more time with my family and be present… The time of the move has finally come and I had to face the ugly truth: We were hoarders! It didn’t look like in the famous TV show because we rented a large house and we had 2 spare bedrooms we didn’t use. How much clutter and things that “I might need in future” I’ve accumulated? This was a real battle with all the mess for weeks now. I ‘ve donated so much stuff and few sold for nothing but still, we ended with way more than we could fit in our new home. This was the point where I decided to become minimalist and very selective about things that come into my house. I’ve gotten a chance to start over and I will use it wisely.
So let’s decorate 😉
Take care Gosha
The mood board for the kitchen
After certain age the new year is not so exciting anymore and I am in that age already, but 2018 is here and I would like to wish all my readers a really good one.
The last year wasn’t as good as I expected… I thought that after obtaining my diploma in Interior Design all doors will open for me instantly and I will choose among job offers but this didn’t happen. That was a hard lesson from life but this led me to few good things. One of them was volunteering for Society of Saint Vincent de Paul where I met wonderful people and started to do window displays, which was something I was thinking of for a long time. I also appreciated more people around me, my friends and their support. Starting the blog was also a result of my difficulties with finding the job. I love Interior Design and wanted to be up to date with trends and wanted to share the knowledge and skills that I learned at school.
The start of the year is a time when people make new resolutions but research shows that most of them fail after a few weeks. I read an interesting article related to this subject here which I recommend. I decided to make some changes in my life and thought that a new year is a good time to start and that declaring my goals publicly will increase my chances to succeed.
In 2018 I want to:
- Be more productive and work everyday on blog related tasks because when I write my post I often struggle to find perfect imagery or spend too much researching the topic. I was so far spontaneous and I need to organise that process. At the end of the year I happened to be sick, then I sunk in Christmas madness and haven’t published for weeks. I need to have backup for such situations.
- I want to develop my writing skills as English is not my native language and we speak Polish at home. Sometimes it is hard to find words to describe things and I repeat the same word over and over. I want to read more design related articles and books and make notes.
- Create an office space in a spare room to not work in my bedroom.
- Exercise first thing in the morning during the week to look better and uplift my mood.
- Have more social interactions both in the real life and online as I really suck at this.
I had a long list but I think there’s no point in overwhelming myself with expectations. Every little change can have a huge impact on life. I am starting from now on and will see where this will take me.
Do you make a new year’s resolution and would like to share it here? Please comment below and maybe we can motivate each other?
Thank you for being with me and reading the post.