It’s not a secret that I don’t like Christmas maybe, because nowadays it is oriented on buying… People buy a lot of cheap, plastic crap and all that ends up being dumped at the end of the season. Every year Christmas stock is displayed earlier and earlier and it ruins the festive spirit. However, I still celebrate a little with my family and decorate home and buy some presents and pack them.
I would like to show you that there are alternative ways to decorate your home and pack the presents in this festive season.
- Natural Wreaths. This year I made a wreath myself from pine cones. It took me a while but it was worth the effort (you can check it on my Instagram account). If you don’t have the time or will to do them yourself there is plenty to choose from on your local market. They can be composted so they don’t end up floating in the Ocean.
2. Repurpose and use what you already have the only limit is your imagination. You can change the look of your last year’s Christmas decoration like on the picture below. I also like the idea of using books as a Christmas tree.
3. Use natural materials like cones, nuts pine branches. They add texture to your Christmas table, look good and stylish without spending money.
4. Bake your decorations. Why not make the little gingerbread with your kids? Your house will smell amazing, children will have great memories… and they look gorgeous too. The Internet is full of recipes on how to make them so it is really easy these days.
5. Pack your presents wisely. Wrapping paper is not recyclable so better to avoid buying it. You can still pack the presents using brown paper, newspapers or some leftover fabric.
6. Potted Christmas tree. When I was a child we had few times a small pine trees in pots. After Christmas, we then planted them in the garden and they actually grew big (well then someone cut them and stole before Chrismas but that’s not the point here). I think it is a really sustainable way to have a Merry Chrismas in style.
That was my few ideas on how to spend this festive time of the year more consciously. I hope you will have a really nice time with your family and friends without unnecessary pressure.
Merry Christmass Everyone! And thanks for reading my post,
Mothers are the most significant others in our lives. They give us unconditional love and are behind our successes. When we were children they were always happy (or at least pretended they liked them) with a handmade card or drawing which were far from a piece of art:)
Now when we are adults it would be nice to put some effort into choosing a perfect gift for our mothers. If you are looking for ideas for presents that you can purchase online I got you covered. Here’s my subjective list of perfect gifts that you will save you time because you can find them online. This article contains some affiliate links which means that if you make a purchase through them I will get small commission. The products I link here are the one I would consider myself when buying a present not only for my mum.
- Personalised mug -it can be cute like this one or cool like this one depending on your mum’s taste and personality.
- Throw is a good idea as well- by wrapping up with a warm and cosy throw your mother will feel that you take care of her. She will think of you in that moment and she will feel loved.
- Jewellery is something that always work and on any occasion. I really like the idea of personalised necklace with a name or this delicate bracelet
- Purse– the bigger the capacity the better. There are reasonably priced ones like this Patent Kisslock Clutch Wallet or this vegan leather wallet
- Scarf is also a cost friendly idea for a present. This statement piece or delicate neutral one – definitely there is a plethora of styles available online.
- Scented candles – because everyone likes beautifully smelling house. Her home can smell like cookies or there are sets of different smells available.
- Books are always good idea for a present. It can be an uplifting book on happiness or a book about healthy cooking. There’s plenty of bookstores that sell online which is convenient as you can shop any time of the day.
- Home accessories like pictures , cute bedding or this cool wine rack are good ideas if you know your mum’s taste. Us women like to decorate home and surround ourself with beautiful decor.
- Instant camera- I think this is an absolute hit. a camera that prints pictures straight away. How often do you make a photo and then you never print it? So many memories lost. I would be happy to get a present like this for any occasion;) They also have a pink version.
- Beauty and hair products – especially the ones that make our life easier like BaByliss Big Hair which I recommend. It changed my life forever and saves me a lot of time and effort when styling my hair. A good hair dryer is always handy as well.
This were my personal favourite Mother’s Day gifts ideas that can be found online. I hope this post was helpful and I am curious what were your favourites from this list. Would you add something to it? Please leave me some comments below.
Thanks for reading,